PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
- 150 g desiccated coconut (plus a little bit extra to sprinkle on the top) 98.1g of fat
- 3 tbsp coconut oil 60g of fat
- 3 tbsp tinned coconut milk 7.2g og fat
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Place the coconut and the coconut oil into the food processor and blitz until it comes together as a ‘butter’. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl several times. Some texture is ok.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the cranberries), blitz until well combined and the puffed rice is completely broken down.
- Chop the cranberries into smaller pieces.
- Stir the cranberries through the coconut mixture.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper and dump the mixture on top.
- Spread the mixture evenly and press it down with your fingers.
- Sprinkle a small amount of coconut on top of the slice and push it down with you fingers (I haven’t accounted for this in the total fat content, the majority of it didn’t stick anyway)
- Place the slice in the fridge for an hour to set.
- Lift the slice out of the tin using the baking paper. Place on a chopping board and cut into 16 even pieces.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container.