PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
- 1 madeira loaf cake, cut into cubes
- 8 tbsp Disaronno
- 2 x 410g cans apricots , chopped and juice reserved
- 500g pot fresh custard
- 300ml double cream
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- Line the bottom of 4 small glass serving dishes with the cake. Mix ½ the Disaronno with 6 tbsp of reserved juice, then divide this between the bowls. Arrange apricots on top of the sponge, then pour on custard. Cover and chill for at least 10 mins, or up to a day.
- Just before serving, add the remaining Disaronno to the cream and whip until it just holds its shape. Spoon over the custard and sprinkle with flaked almonds.