PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweet condensed milk
- 8 ounces (3 cups) unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Combine the butter, sweet condensed milk, coconut and coconut milk in a medium saucepan. Cook, over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and starting to release from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the heavy cream and remove from heat. At this point, the coconut pudding might look like it is not set, but it will continue thickening as it cools!
- Pour into individual serving glasses.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.