1 kg well-squeezed sweet cottage cheese
400 g White flour
20 g vanilla sugar
1 peel of lemon
A pinch Salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 Lemon Juice
600 g cream with 25% fat
150-200 g vanilla flavored powdered sugar
400 g jam
- Put the flour, cheese, vanilla sugar, salt and lemon peel in a large bowl, add in the baking soda mixed with lemon juice and “knead” with your fingers so that the mixture comes together, avoiding cheese lumps.
- On a work surface sprinkled with flour, form a thick roll to a diameter of about 6 cm, and cut it into 1.2-1.5 cm thick slices.
- Roll the slices into round balls, and use a finger to make the classic doughnut hole. Then leave everything on the work surface until the oil heats up.
- In a deep pan, heat enough oil so that it covers the papanaşi slices. Fry over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, turning constantly and checking they do not burn.
- Mix the vanilla flavored powdered sugar with the cream.
- Serve hot with cream sauce and your favorite jam. A simple, tasty and easy to make dessert.