- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 10 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound cooked boneless chicken breast – cut into bite size pieces
- 1 15 oz can of white hominy
- 1 15 oz can of black beans rinsed/drained
- 1 cup yellow corn kernels cooked
- 1 4 oz can of chopped green chilies
- 3 cubes frozen cilantro or 1/2 cup chopped fresh
- Sliced Avocado
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Crushed Tortilla Chips
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Saute in minced garlic until slightly brown.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, water, chili powder and oregano. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, hominy, black beans, corn, chopped green chilies and cilantro. Stir well.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve into bowls, serve with crushed tortilla chips, avocado slices and shredded cheese on top.