PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOKS IN: 45 MINUTES
- 600g Chicken Drumsticks (free-range chicken preferred)
- 1 ½ cups chopped/grated ginger
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 5 cups white rice (washed, rinsed and drained dry)
- Thoroughly clean the chicken in a bath of water and salt. Then rinse.
- Heat a large pot on medium high.
- Saute the grated/chopped ginger. Cook for 5 minutes until the ginger is fragrant. Add sugar and salt.
- Add uncooked rice.
- Toss the rice until the grains are nice and opaque. This will provide flavor.
- Transfer the rice to a rice cooker / a pot with a lid.
- Add the chicken into this pot and put some water in. Cook for 30-35 minutes. Transfer chicken to the dish. Keep the chicken stock for the rice.
- Add 10 cups of this chicken stock to the rice in the rice cooker / a pot with a lid.
- Cook the rice on low for 25 minutes with lid on.
- Serve the rice with chicken and toppings of fried French shallots and coriander.